Saturday, June 27, 2015

Butterfly Basics One Layer Card

When the new Stampin' Up! catalogue launched the new thick Whisper White cardstock was an insta-buy, but I haven't actually done a lot with it yet. One thing I was very keen to do was use it for a card base. Then old thin Whisper White was a little flimsy for a card base, and while I haven't stacked heaps on this card I can tell the card holds up better than it would have with the thin.

I think I have totally got into the mindset of not thinking of the bottom layer of a card being white unless there is minimal embellishment, but I'm sure I will get there! Thanks to the wonders of polymer stamps I was able to bend the fern frond image around more than it's natural curve and get more of a circle from it when stamping a second one opposite. I'm a little annoyed I didn't notice till I was editting the photos that the lace isn't exactly centered - it's not that noticable is it???

Today's colours are definitely not my usual choices, but I figured if I was making yet another card with butterflies I should mix it up with the colours at least!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: