Friday, June 19, 2015

Wonder Woman Is Made Of Win (And Butterflies)

Have been busy lately and a few of the things I have been working on aren't completely finished and ready for sharing just yet, but yesterday I finally made a point of attempting something I've been wanting to do for some time...


With all the other geek and super hero cards I have made, it was frustrating me that I hadn't come up with an easy one for a female character. SupaNova is starting in Sydney today (and I'm going tomorrow, yay!) so I thought this would be a good opportunity to give a female super hero card a crack. I had thought the Triple Banner punch would be good for doing the W's on Wonder Woman's outfit, so I had a go... and the angle wasn't any where near right (let alone needing to fold the cardstock, and I just couldn't do that to the gold!). I then moved on to plan B, and plan C... and a myriad of options which saw me considering absolutely everything. And that is the only way it happened - if I had stuck with geometric shapes I wouldn't have a card to share with you today. Which is perhaps the thing I love most about punch art, using the shapes in unexpected ways! Once I started trying things out with the Bold Butterfly die it didn't take long to figure out how to trim it down to get a good look and the rest of the card essentially made itself.

Here are the colours I used, with the addition of gold (metallics don't look metallic in these simple colour swatch graphics... I might have to sort something out for that too!)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Night Owl Designs said...

Love this card, such a great idea!