Friday, October 30, 2015

Boo! Among The Branches

Haven't had a lot of time for stamping lately, but thankfully this week I had a little more time on my hands - just in time for Halloween!

This card is actually a birthday card, for a Halloween birthday sleep-over which I am sure will be a scream!  I was inspired by this fabulous card by Michelle Zindorf. Though my brayering wasn't as smooth as normal (I didn't want the Lost Lagoon bit to get so dark it started looking like Island Indigo so the cardstock probably wasn't as damp as it should have been for a more smooth gradient of colour where the Night Of Navy overlaps) the effect works for a spooky card. After brayering the background, and running the cardstock through the embossing folder I brayered over the raised tree trunks with Basic Gray ink. I'd read you needed a very light touch to not get ink inbetween the trunks... and knowing I was unlikely to succeed with that I took a punt that some strategically placed washi tape would help prevent such mistakes. Which it did... but need to be very careful pulling that off at the end! The eyes were hand cut after stamping the "spooky" image from Among The Branches set on Tangerine Tango cardstock with Basic Black ink. I hadn't originally planned on using a sentiment, but after doing everything else to the card felt it needed something more. It was only after I stuck the "Boo!" with the oval onto the card that I thought the card had a very Scooby Doo feel to it. What do you think?

These were the colours I used (with a touch of Basic Black as well):

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: