Sunday, January 24, 2016

Honey You're So Sweet

Hello again! I've been a bit quiet again of late, but I'm sure many of you can related... kids off on school holidays, others on holiday from work. Sudden plan changes have really messed with my mojo these holidays, but I've finally managed to finish a card, once again using the Bear Hugs stamp set.

One of the very first ideas I got for this set was putting it with Hello Honey and a honeycomb pattern - there is the embossing folder, pie and punch for a variety of options. What I ended up going for was the embossing folder, I felt the die might have made things a bit too visually busy when I wanted the focus to be on the bear. One of the nifty things the Bear Hugs stamp set and matching dies allow you to do is to stamp on the back of the cardstock so when you fold the arms around you can still see the design. I love that they thought to design the sramps and dies with this in mind.

I think most of this card is straight forward, but you may be wondering how I got the shape the sentiment is stamped on. Well, this is where the hexagon punch came in:

By inserting the cardstock in the back of the punch you can vary how much of the cardstock gets punched. It's a little trick I have used for years and have mentioned before but it's always worth mentioning these things every now and then to jog the memory, let alone for new people who haven't see this before.

Here are the colours I used...


Bear Hugs clear-mount stamp set & framelits bundle 140823, Soft Suede A4 cardstock 119982, Hello Honey A4 cardstock 133685, Very Vanilla A4 cardstock 106550, Basic Black archival stamp pad, Soft Suede stamp pad 126978, Hello Honey stamp pad 133643, Honeycomb embossing folder 129378, Hexagon punch 130919, Aqua painter 103954, linen thread 104199, gold metallic thread 138401, dimensionals 104430

No comments: