Monday, February 01, 2016

Balloon Let Us Celebrate

With the new year well under way it's time to get stuck in to the birthday cards and try to get ahead of the rush. Do you have some months that are particuarly packed with birthdays of friends and family members? For me it's May and September, so I do have a bit of breathing space before those peak birthday months hit but it can easily catch up. So, first birthday card off the rank!


I finally got Balloon Celebrations out of it's case. I love the "let us celebrate" image that can be used as the balloon string. Even with that sentiment on the card I wanted to still use the more standard "Happy Birthday". I thought it would be nice to have Happy Birthday on the balloons, and as luck would have it by inking and stamping one word at a time it fits really nicely within the balloon. I also used the small dotted image in the set to create a bit of interest on the card background. To layer the balloons on the card front I mounted them on die cut shape. The Labels Collection framelits were a favourite of mine, and I was very sad to see them retire last year. The Lots Of Labels framelits are a nice style, but they weren't quite the look I was after.

The colour combination I used for this card is a variation on my old favourite of purple and aqua/teal.



Balloon Celebration stamp set & punch bundle 140810, thick Whisper White A4 cardstock 140490, Soft Sky A4 cardstock 131292, Soft Sky stamp pad 131181, Old Olive stamp pad 126953, Wisteria Wonder stamp pad 126985, Lost Lagoon stamp pad 126986, Labels Collection framelits (retired), dimensionals 104430

No comments: