Saturday, April 02, 2016

Sunburst Shine

Today's card has been brewing in my head for some time and I'm glad I finally got to work out my vision for it.

When I saw the Sunburst die in the Occasions catalogue, I got the idea of using the die off-cuts - as is my habit of late - for additional sun rays. Once I got to fiddling around with the bits I decided that I would use them on top of the main die cut part. This is what it looked like once I had all the Sunburst pieces put together.


I have also had the idea of using the metallic threads for stitching kicking around in my head for some time, and I thought it would work really well with the Sunburst die as more sun rays. When I was doing the colours for the sun I realised that the die had little holes in it that would work great as a guide for the stitching.


I used three In Colors in this card, two of which will be retiring soon. I know I have said it before, but I see it happen every year... people wait till the retirement list comes out to purchase In Colors products and sometimes they have sold out within the first day and they miss out. So this is another reminder - get in and order those 2014-2016 In Colors before it's too late!




Sunburst Sayings clear mount stamp set & Sunburst thinlits die bundle  140807, Tangelo Twist A4 cardstock 133684, Blackberry Bliss A4 cardstock133682, Crushed Curry A4 cardstock 131288, Delightful Dijon A4 cardstock 138345, Perfect Plum A4 cardstock 108615, Blackberry Bliss133642 stamp pad , Perfect Plum stamp pad 126963, gold metallic thread 138401, Metallics sequin assortment 138390, 2" circle punch 133782, Circle collection framelit dies 130911, dimensionals 104430

No comments: