Sunday, May 01, 2016

Farewell Hexagon Hive

Todays card doesn't focus on a stamp set, but a diecut thinlit. In fact, todays card has no stamping at all!

And back to the more involved cards! Going all-out with the honey/bee references, I ran some Hello Honey cardstock through the Big Shot with the hexagon thinlit. I had a few scraps of the bee paper from the English Garden DSP, so rather than stamp me some bees I cut them out of the paper. I did get a little inky by lightly sponging some Hello Honey ink on the edges of some of the cut out pieces from the hexagon thinlit and layered these in spaces where hexagons weren't cut out in the thinlit.


The leafy twigs are from the Bird Builder punch (which I'm still a bit stunned is retiring). I wasn't going to have any layers popped up on dimensionals, so give the card a little more dimension I didn't stick the twigs down flat all over. Just a little glue from the fine tip glue pen where the twigs overlapped, and a mini glue dot under one leaf on each twig to secure them at the other end.The bees are also attached with a mini glue dot, just one under their bodies so their wings can be bent up a little.


I used a couple of the sponged hexagon shapes inside the card to dress it up a little in there too.

Whenever I am working with yellow and green I find myself thinking of "green & gold" - often Australia's sporting colours - but by minimising the green I think I successfully avoided this card eliciting an "Aussie Aussie Aussie, oi oi oi!" effect.

133685 Hello Honey A4 cardstock, 133683 Mossy Meadow A4 cardstock, 138345 Delightful Dijon A4 cardstock, 119982 Soft Suede A4 cardstock, 138440 English Garden DSP, 133643 Hello Honey stamp pad, 132965 Hexagon Hive thinlit die, 138275 Greetings thinlit dies, 117191 Bird Builder punch, 133773 sponge daubers, 138309 Fine-tip glue pen, 103683 mini glue dots

No comments: