Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Better late than Never

Friday 9th was a cybercrop at The Littlest Scrapbook Shop, but it took me until the weekend after to get any of the challenges done.
This card was in response to the card sketch for challenge 1. I wasn't big on pink for a long time, but I always find myself using it in cards (and now I have two daughters, one who is about as pink as you can be!). I've seen quite a few cards using this colour combination and have been dying to try it out myself. The card base is a piece of pale pink Prisma cardstock on which I stamped and masked two flowers from the "Simply Said" set (from last years Spring Mini) in Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose. I tore off the right edge of the card front, sponged some Chocolate Chip ink along this edge. I inked one of the sentiments from "Simply Said" with the Chocolate Chip marker, doing one line at a time and leaving lots of space between them on my scrap piece of Whisper White. I cut them out by hand and then went to mount them on the cardfront, over hanging the edge. Well, I hadn't been completely paying attention when I had started stamping the sentiment and had originally done it in Bais Black... when I realised my mistake I did as I always do and just flipped the piece of cardstock over. However, when I had cut out my pieces of Chocolate Chip sentiment some of the Basic Black was on the back! So I had to mount them onto another layer and chose a scrap of dark pink that was a good match for the Regal Rose. I stamped the circular "thank you" from the Seeing Spots set (more about that in a minute) in Chocolate Chip on Whisper White, then used the Stamp-a-majig to stamp the "Simply Said" flowers in the centre. I punched this out with the 1 1/4" circle punch and layered it on a 1 3/8" circle of scrap aqua cardstock, then mounted this on the cardfront. To finish it all off I added some pink Kindy Glitz to the centre of the flower.

The "Seeing Spots" set was a gift all demonstrators in Australia recieved from Stampin' Up! in January. The set will be in the 2007-2008 Idea Book and Catalogue, which will be released on April 2. I can't wait to see the new catty and all the fabulous new goodies we can get. Don't forget though you only have a short time left to order anything of the retiring list - some products are already sold out! See this post for more details -> So Long and Thanks for all the Fun

2 comments:

fleurie said...

hello..how you doing?
thanks for your offer of help
I have emailed the designer...but she is in the US...so thought id ask around.
Whats your email addy and ill send them too you

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Nice card :)

Bety