Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Birthday Octopus

I needed a birthday card for a little boy, so I decided to play with this "Fishy Friends" octopus again. And I just so happened to have this piece of aqua cardstock that I had run through the Cuttlebug in the swirls embossing folder, so I teamed them up. The octopus was stamped on Whisper White with StazOn Jet Black and coloured with water colour pencils and an aqua painter. The 'Happy Birthday' is an Amazing Creations stamp of my sisters that I had stamped out a few images of on one of her visits. It's a great little stamp, but sadly the company has closed so it will be difficult to track it down. I finished both these pieces off with a bit of watercolouring on the edge (which doesn't show up well in the photo) and with a few spots of Kindy Glitz (in Aqua and Lime). These were mounted on some light blue cardstock (Prisma I think) and are popped up on the cardfront with double-sided foam tape. The 's' clip is by Birch and was a great colour match, but very stiff and hard to push the spirals out a little bit so the cardstock didn't get bent quite so much. The base cardstock is the same Prisma light blue, with a layer of Prisma lime green and the embossed aqua layer.

No comments: