Sunday, July 15, 2007

Amazing Scribble

I recently had to make a card for a little girl turning 5. I wanted to break out my brand spanking new "Scribble Alphabet", and decided to take my inspiration from the present (yes! The present, NOT the wrapping! Colours look a bit too bright in that link).

The card base is Regal Rose, across which I wheeled the Scribble jumbo wheel with Orchid Opulence ink. I coloured some of the flowers with the Regal Rose marker, some with a VersaMarker and some with the white gel pen. I then went over the white gel pen with the Regal Rose marker to tone it down a bit. I then dotted 2-way glue on flowers and spots and gave it a dose of Dazzling Diamonds. The alphabet was stamped with StazOn on Whisper White cardstock and coloured with water colour crayons and an Aquapainter. I then cut them out, mounted them alternately on Cameo Coral and Apricot Appeal cardstock, and cut them out again. They were then mounted on layers of Blush Blossom, Orchid Oppulence and Whisper White.


My weekend has been filled with shopping, but we finally have a washing machine and dryer (though both still in their boxes, so no washing for me tomorrow) and a lounge on it's way. The lounge can't come soon enough as the water damaged one was collected on Thursday! Next on the agenda is a new rug for the lounge floor, new dishwasher and hopefully the wardrobe will be ripped out soon so things can be put back in their rightful spots and THEN I can start sorting something out for my new craft set up.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

wow Carol, this is just lovely - I just LOVE everything about the scribble stamp - roller, wheel, alphabet, great card!