Saturday, July 28, 2007

Sketch Greetings

I noticed Beate's sketch challenge yesterday and I had ideas sparking off all over my brain. This is what I came up with:

The cardbase is Always Artichoke, stamped with a roughly VersaMarked Paisley background stamp. Down the left is Old Olive, with some Finest Flourishes VersaMarked on and a strip of stitched Cranberry Crisp grossgrain ribbon (available from the Spring Mini). The sentiment (from Many Merry Messages) and circle detail (from Big Pieces, available from the Spring Mini) are stamped in Cranberry Crisp on Sahara Sand. I added some faux stitching around the sentiment and mounted it on Cranberry Crisp cardstock, then roughed up the edges with the Cutter tool. The circle detail is attached to a small gold metal rimmed tag that had discoloured nicely, the brad in the centre is from the Aged Brass hodge podge and is popped up on dimensionals.

1 comment:

Marelle Taylor said...

I LOVE this!! Absolutely gorgeous Carol.