Friday, July 27, 2007

Steam signals

While I had the new 'Like It A Latte' (available in the upcoming Spring mini) out for the latest Elite Challenge, I thought I'd make a few more cards with it. I couldn't recall the last time I had used purple on a card, so I teamed Vintage Violet and Almost Amethyst with Close to Cocoa. The cup was stamped with Vintage Violet on Almost Amethyst cardstock and cut out. The steam was stamped with Almost Amethyst on Whisper White, and the sentiment stamped over top in Chocolate Chip (I was thinking the cliched cartoon version of smoke signals...). The cup was mounted at the bottom of this piece, and the lot layered on Vintage Violet. For the background the coffee beans are stamped with Chocolate Chip on Close To Cocoa (with some Choc chip sponged around the edges), layered on Vintage Violet and the chocolate stitched ribbon from the Seaside Ribbon Originals pack wrapped around two corners with a swirly clip from the Aged Copper hodgepodge slipped on the bottom one. Finally it was all mounted on the base card of Almost Amethyst. I really like this colour combination, so I expect I'll come back to it again soon.

1 comment:

yvonne said...

great card, I think I can see the versatility of this set now - its great as a male card too!