Thursday, January 24, 2008

CASEing stems

This card is a CASE of a Nichole Heady card. Of course, I changed a few things but wanted a similar feel so my changes weren't drastic. Probably the hardest thing about a card like this is getting consistent sponging around all those edges! For my card I have used Certainly Celery, Very Vanilla and Sahara Sand cardstocks, Certainly Celery and True Thyme inks, and Regal Rose brads. The sentiment is from the Touch of Nature set and the background is Stem Silhouettes. To get the varying colours on the branches I first inked the stamp using the Celery inkpad then inked along the stem with True Thyme using a blender pen as marker. This quite easy to do, just put a drop or two of the reinker in the reinker lid then dip the tip of the blender pen in to soak up the colour.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Wow Carol, that's just such an awesome card. Love the design as well. can feel a case of a case coming on :)

Anonymous said...

this looks great carol - i've booked marked it as something I'd like to try too

yvonne said...

gorgeous card Carol, I want to try it too!!

Alana Galagher said...

This is lovely Carol - I wish everyone would stop making me need Stem Silhouettes :)