Thursday, January 17, 2008

Colour Challenged

This is one of those cards that didn't turn out quite like it should have. The Inklings cyberstamp colour challenge was Vintage Violet, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip and Ruby Red. There I was, merrily stamping away and assembling my card. When it came to going over the paper piercing with the Chocolate Chip marker I suddenly realised I had made an error - I'd grabbed the Close To Cocoa inkpad instead of Chocolate Chip! Suddenly it all made sense why the brown wasn't showing up as much as I thought it should. Hopefully I'll get around to remaking this card with the right colours soon, and it'll be interesting to compare the difference, but at the time I felt like such a goose that I just couldn't face it (I also had to get dinner ready). The stamps I used are from Friendship Blooms, quite possibly my favourite Sale-A-Bration set.

ETA: I forgot to mention that the layout for this card is from a Janelle Richmond sketch.

2 comments:

yvonne said...

lovely card Carol!

Taylor said...

Beautiful card! Love the layout... might have to try that one very soon! TFS!