Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Butterfly Thanks

We recently had a cyberstamp over on Jayne's downline forum, and this is the card I made for the sketch challenge. I decided I hadn't been using enough purple lately so I settled on Orchid Opulence, to be accompanied by Creamy Caramel and a couple of other colours I haven't used very much - Bordering Blue and Buckaroo Blue. The card base is a little Stampin' Up! notecard, which I recieved as part of my Elite Stampers Secret Santa pressie (thanks Cass!). The Merci butterfly was stamped on watercolour paper using StazOn Jet Black and coloured using an aquapainter to pick up colour from the inkpads. The Lots of Thoughts sentiment was stamped on Whisper White using Buckaroo Blue. The butterflys trail was done by free-hand paper piercing. Both of these stamp sets are only available as benefits of Sale-A-Bration.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Great card Carol! Love how you did the butterfly trail :)

Joanna said...

This card is beautiful Carol. The butterfly trail is just lovely. Thanks for sharing it.
Jo

Anonymous said...

I love this card Carol and I realy enjoy reading your blog (it's purple - my favourite!) plus.. Guess what?? ~ You've been tagged - see my blog for details… lol http://stampinground.wordpress.com/ (It’s Yvonne’s fault, she started it)
Michelle

Anonymous said...

The butterfly and the colours are just lovely ... i really enjoy your blog and the cards are just inspiring.
Thanks