Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Simple Friendship

Here's another card from the day at Jayne's place. The challenge for this one was to create a one layer card. I was having trouble getting started and settling on colours to use until Kim threw a colour challenge at me as well. I picked out Creamy Caramel, she nominated Tempting Turquoise and Regal Rose. After that (and some lunch - a yummy quiche cooked by Kim) the card just fell together biggrin. I went for a Caramel layer and strip of Whisper White with stamps from the SAB set Friendship Blooms. The sentiment is in Tempting Turquoise, the flower trio stamp has been inked with the Caramel, Turquoise and Rose markers. The swirly/scrolly stamp from the same set was then stamped on the base card with Caramel, my one and only layer mounted on top and then I paper pierced along the top and bottom of the white layer. Quite a simple card, but I like how it turned out... I could easily play with this colour combination more!

No comments: