Thursday, May 29, 2008

Boho Prints

I enjoyed playing with the colours of the last card so much I went straight on and tackled another old Kristina Werner colour challenge using similar colours. I took the opportunity of including Rose Red via it's Prints patterned paper, and even though I am purple mad it didn't seem to become a feature of this card. After double-punching the scallop circle for my recent box, I decided to try double-punching the "negative" or window formed by punching a shape out. I really like how it turned out! The Boho Backgrounds image was stamped on Basic Black cardstock using VersaMark and "chalk popped" with Orchid Opulence pastel. I then stamped it on Whisper White after inking it with markers, punched it out with the 1 3/8" circle and layered in over the chalked version of it. I layered the Rose Red punched layer over top and used my white gel pen to dot along the edge of the black layer. I folded a bit of the Prints layer over, attached some Orchid grosgrain (retired cry) and layered onto the Pumpkin Pie card front. The Boho layers were mounted using dimensionals and I added a black brad in the corner to finish the card off.

ETA: sorry if this appears twice, the kids were distracting me before and I forgot to put a title!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Carol. Boho backgrounds is such a lovely set too.
K-xxx

Anonymous said...

This is just gorgeous Carol! Love the colour combo