Thursday, May 22, 2008

Well-worn Motif

Today is Glenn's birthday so I thought I would share the card I made for him. I know I'm not alone when I say I struggle with cards for men, but I thought this turned out OK. I can't remember where I got the colours from, I think they were a happy accident of my pile of swatches being in a mess! I used Well-worn Words for the background, stamped in Close To Cocoa on Kraft cardstock, mounted on a piece of Sage Shadow. The central image is a stamp from Baroque Motifs, inked with Sage Shadow and Mellow Moss markers and stamped on Ivoy Naturals, layered on Mellow Moss with a Close To Cocoa button in the centre. This is all popped up with dimensionals, and to finish it off I added a couple of Always Artichoke brads to the Blue Bayou card base.

I plan to be back later tonight with another card to share with you (May is just full of birthdays for people I know!), but if I don't make it, you can probably blame the weather... it's overcast and storms are predicted, though my net connection has taken to playing up whenever there's a bit of rain around.

No comments: