Thursday, May 22, 2008

Paisley Wishes

Do you have a stamp or set that you turn to time and again? The Paisley background is one of those for me. As my Mum commented when looking through all the swaps I got from convention, it's a versatile stamp that can look very different depending on how you use it. On this card (my SIL's birthday card) I have inked Paisley with VersaMark and stamped it on the River Rock card base. Subtle, but it adds interest. I then turned to a new favourite set, Wanted, and stamped the large circular image on the card base using River Rock ink. I punched the center of the image out with the 1 3/4" circle punch to create a window. I cleaned the stamp, inked it with Rose Red, Perfect Plum and Bashful Blue markers, stamped it on Whisper White, punched it out and mounted it to the inside of the card (using dimensionals) so it would show through the window. For the main image I randomly stamped images from the Wanted set in Bashful Blue on Whisper White, then stamped the horse over top using Perfect Plum ink and the sentiment (from Take Three) using Rose Red ink. The edges of this, and the Rose Red and Perfect Plum layers, were then distressed using the cutter kit, stuck together and mounted over some more Beachfront ribbon (I'm finding the neutral tones of that pack very useful!) using dimensionals yet again. The ribbon has been tied through a piece of pewter hodgepodge.

No comments: