Friday, June 20, 2008

Mojo #42

Yes, it's another challenge card! I wasn't sure I was going to get a chance to do this one this week, and just when I had given up an idea hit me and it all fell into place. This card was based on Julee's Mojo Monday sketch #42. The cute little butterfly is from the level 3 hostess set "Time Well Spent" and the sentiment is from Warm Words. I've used StazOn Jet black for the stamping and coloured the butterfly using the Ruby Red and Creamy Caramel markers. With all the fancy ribbons that were introduced in the latest Stampin' Up! catalogue I felt my gingham was being neglected, it also happened to work with my colour scheme (which was based on a shirt I saw a lady wearing one day while I was out shopping... yep, inspiration can come any where!). After making this card I got another idea for the "three somethings" on the sketch, so I made this one as well:

The first card uses the 3/16" corner rounder to round the corners of the layers on the feature piece, the second card uses the same punch with the guard removed to create a scallop edge. Pretty nifty hey? And I love how the small buttons nestle nicely in the scallop.

3 comments:

Doris said...

Stumbled onto your blog through your comment on Running with Scissors and LOVE your cards. These two are so simple, I plan to use the idea for a class one of these days! Please stop by my blog when you can.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous cards. I love what you did with the three little somethings on the second card. So cool. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

Tanya said...

I really like both your cards! Great job!