Saturday, August 16, 2008

Father's Day #2

The next Father's Day card I made is for the girls to give to their Daddy. Since it's from the girls, I went for brighter colours (I'm not saying he's not a bright person...), carefully inking the ends of the sentiment with the Brilliant Blue inkpad then using my Wild Wasabi "marker" to ink up "Father's". I very nearly used linen to stamp on the Soft Sky, but decided to opt for real texture with some textured cardstock. Even though the sentiment is mounted similarly to the previous card, changing the colours has given it quite a different look. And once again I've snuck some ribbon on a guys card twisted

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, textured Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Occasional Greetings
Inks: Brilliant Blue
Accessories: Wild Wasabi marker (refill + blender pen), District Ribbon Originals, Bold Brights brads, dimensionals

3 comments:

Night Owl Designs said...

Carol, Just wanted to let you know I've given you an award on my blog - it's the "I Love Your Blog" award. Hope you're enjoying the weekend and I love you father's day card! Sephi

Sandie said...

Gosh Lavs, hadn't even thought of father's day cards........better get a wriggle on I suppose.

Great work.

Luv Sandie

Melissa Garland said...

Great colours in this one. Looks great.