Thursday, August 07, 2008

Merry Mistletoe

We are down to 20 weeks till Christmas, and if you think about how fast this year has already flown by, then that isn't very long at all! This card is what I designed for the "card in a box" swap on the Inklings team weekend. I provided a sample, instructions and all the bits and pieces to make this card in a box, and everyone else took turns making it. It uses one of my favourite Christmas sets - Peaceful Wishes - with colours I rarely use, Real Red and Glorious Green. I tend to go for a twist on tradition when it comes to Christmas, but I think the traditional colours really suit this card. Being a very simple and quick card, it could easily be used for bulk Christmas card construction.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Confetti White, Glorious Green
Stamp Sets: Peaceful Wishes, Warm Words
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Real Red marker, Glorious Green marker, double circle punch, red gingham ribbon

3 comments:

Robyn said...

What a great card, so Christmassy! Love the traditional look of it.

Catherine said...

oh don't even remind me that it's almost christmas but then again thanks for doing that so i can start my christmas cards =)

Melissa Garland said...

This is so simple, yet packs a punch, I love it. I feel a CASe coming on.