Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Spring Mini is Here!

So I underestimated things when I said I'd be back to blogging on Monday. I had a fantastic time on the Inklings team weekend, but stayed up waaaay too late creating and chatting. I look forward to sharing what I made in the days to come, but first I want to share with you things I made before I left.

It's August, which means you can now view and order from the SU! Spring Mini (if you'd like your own copy of the mini just email me and I can pop one in the mail for you). While there is a lot to love in this catalogue I thought I'd kick things off with three simple cards. Yes you read right, three cards. And they're simple!

This first card is just a piece of Whisper White, one jumbo wheel, one stamp, 2 inkpads and 1 ribbon (and a tiny bit of black twine). Pretty, simple and easy. Then I stepped it up a little for the next card:
Two pieces of cardstock and a couple of scraps, one wheel, two stamps, two inkpads, one ribbon, one brad, three punches and some dimensionals. Still pretty, still relatively simple and still relatively easy. Then I stepped it up a wee bit more:
Three pieces of cardstock plus scraps, one wheel, two stamps, two inkpads, one ribbon, one brad, five punches and some dimensionals. Still pretty, simple and easy but with a lot more interest.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Kraft, Basic Black, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace
Stamp Sets: A Beautiful Thing, It's Beautiful
Inks: Almost Amethyst, StazOn Jet Black
Accessories: Kraft taffeta ribbon, black hemp twine, 5-Petal flower punch, Spring Bouquet punch, 1/16" circle punch, Vintage brads, large oval punch, Designer Label punch, Almost Amethyst marker, dimenaionals.