Wednesday, October 08, 2008

7 Loves of Card Making - Technique

For quite some time now my favourite technique has been to use markers direct to the rubber to ink an image. I just love how this increases the looks you can achieve, which I guess plays back into the "versatility" thing! This card only has the one stamped image, and I've gone very straight forward with the markers, but you can see a lot more examples by selecting "markers direct to rubber" from the drop down menu on the right (or just click here wink).

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive
Stamp Set: Tart & Tangy
Inks: none!
Accessories: Real Red marker, Old Olive marker, A Perfect Day rub-ons, Word Window punch, Summer Picnic designer series paper, Old Olive 5/8" grosgrain, Earth Elements brads

My challenge to you is simply to create a card using markers to ink up your image. Put a link to your card in the comments for this post and at the end of the week I'll pick my favourite one and send a little something to that person. Australian residents only, SU! demos welcome.

No comments: