Monday, November 10, 2008

The Bold & The Beautiful


Time for something bright... Bold Brights in fact! This one is quite a simple card, but I really like it. I've CASEd an old card by Lauren Meader for this one (I'd actually forgotten she'd had purple along the bottom too... it just ended up working out best with everything else - AND got more purple on the card!), using A Beautiful Thing, the matching It's Beautiful wheel, and the matching Eastern Elegance rub-ons. All of these are in the current Spring Mini catalogue which ends on Nov 30th, so if you want to order them you'd better be quick! The Eastern Elegance rub-ons are of course part of this months promotion, making them even better value for a top quality product.

To get the solid stamp image lighter that the detail stamp I simply stamped off onto scrap paper first. I didn't worry about the detail stamp lining up perfectly with the solid background on this card as I was in the mood for something a little less formal and more fun... it seemed to fit the colours too.

If you'd like to see another card using the same sets and similar colours, check out the card I uploaded to the Elite Challenges blog this morning. But don't forget your sunglasses!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Whisper White, Orchid Opulence
Stamp Sets: A Beautiful Thing, It's Beautiful
Inks: VersaMark, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Orchid opulence
Accessories: Eastern Elegance rub-ons, 5/8" Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Carol! I love it!

Night Owl Designs said...

LOLOL I love your title!