Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Embrace Brights

Today I have a card for you! This is the card I made for a recent Inklings swap... Are you sick of this stamp set yet? I hope not, because I think you are going to see a lot of it! Most of the card is pretty straight forward, but I did want to explain how I did the flower (though I probably should have taken a side-on shot to show it better). Firstly, I stamped the flower on Confetti White cardstock using StazOn. I then swiped my clean aquapainter over the flower to moisten the cardstock. Using my aquapainter I picked up colour from the lid of my Orchid pad and coloured the flower in - starting in the middle and working my way out. Once I was happy with the overall colour I let it dry out a bit before coming back and adding more colour to the center. Once it was dry I cut it out and yet again wet the surface with a clean aquapainter. This wasn't to blend the colour more, but so I could shape the petals (I curled them around my paper piercer). Once this was dry I added the Dazzling Diamonds glitter with my 2-way glue pen. To mount the flower I used a mini glue dot in the center and pop-up glue dots under the petals to help them keep their shape.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Confetti White
Stamp Set: Embrace Life
Inks: StazOn Jet Black; Orchid Opulence for watercolouring
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Word Window punch, Tempting Turquoise grosgrain, mini glue dots, pop-up glue dots, dimensionals

1 comment:

Catherine said...

oh, who can you get sick with this gorgeous set.. love it :)