Thursday, February 12, 2009

Inklings Cyberstamp Challenge 3

The last challenge that I set for the Inklings cyberstamp last week was simply to use some metal, preferably an embellishment that you didn't use very often. For me it's eyelets - I just find brads a lot easier to use and give a "cleaner" look (it's the hole... showing what is underneath... for some reason it just doesn't sit right for me). When I do use eyelets it's usually in this way, along the spine of the card and then threading something through it... so I guess I wasn't very adventurous with carrying out my challenge but hey, at least I did it! I decided to combine this challenge with Kristina's latest colour challenge, although the first card I made I lost track of what I was wanting to do and it ended up blah... so I missed the deadline for Kristina's challenge but such is life. I loved the colour combination (well, it does have Taken With Teal in it...) and took the opportunity to do something non-descript with them - I think this card could work for guy or girl.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Taken With Teal, So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Say It With Scallops, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks: So Saffron, More Mustard, Old Olive, Taken With Teal (edging White layer)
Accessories: Crop-a-dile, Earth Elements eyelets, hemp twine, large star punch, star punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals

No comments: