Thursday, March 26, 2009

Late Again!

I missed the deadline for Kristina Werner's latest colour challenge AGAIN! I though I had a day to go when I started on it but soon saw time was up, and thought he card has been finished for a while I just haven't got back to posting it. So here it is now, in all it's not-a-stamp-in-sight glory! I actually had a few stamping ideas go through my head for this card, but when I thought of the Trio Flower punch (for the next week you can still get it in the Three For You Punch Box) there was no turning back. Probably the most time consuming part of this card was working out the spacing but even that went much easier than I had anticipated, it all just fell into place. And since I knew I wasn't going to have the card finished in time I went with Ruby Red brads instead of making an alternative with Riding Hood Red - there is a great difference betweent hese colours than appears in the photo.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Bashful Blue
Stamp Set: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Three For You Punch Box (punch alone is called "Trio Flower" in the new catty), Soft Subtles brads, Earth Elements brads, 1/4" circle punch,Crop-A-Dile (3/16" circle punch), Crystal Effects, Fairytale Ribbon Originals, Flower Designer Brads (09/10 IB&C)
Show Watched While Creating: Heroes

3 comments:

Alex Hughes said...

Carol, this card is so gorgeous. Love it!!!!

yvonne said...

this is just gorgeous Carol, you have some patience I have to say,can't imagine the time it took to space them all out perfeclty like that- the effect is fantastic!

Night Owl Designs said...

I love this card Carol, the colours are so striking!