Monday, May 25, 2009

New Bundle of Joy

It's probably obvious to long-time readers that Bundle of Joy was my favourite baby set. Now that it has retired I don't have an actual baby stamp, but I made sure one of the first hostess sets I got was Punches Three so I could have this "Bundle of Joy" stamp. This card is for my new nephew Karl, using a colour combination I've been dying to use since I physically laid eyes on Pacific Point. Along with the decent splash of purple on the card I sent a couple of Target royal purple suits up for him - he's my nephew he's going to have purple! The chipboard letters have been coloured using a technique picked up from convention, inking them with a dauber and reinker. I actually can't remember if the technique was demonstrated with wetting the letters first but that's what I did by brushing my Aquapainter over them first. The layout was based on WSC81.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Taken With Teal, Pacific Point, Orchid Opulence, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Stamp Sets: Polka Dot, Punches Three
Inks: Taken With Teal, Pacific Point, Orchid Opulence, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Circle Ice Rhienstone Brads, Onboard Timeless Type, On Board Lots of Letters, dimensionals

2 comments:

Nerida said...

I love this colour combo and the bundle of Joy with the baby's name.
It's the teal, blue and purple together!

Dani Fender said...

Love the card! Karl thought it was great too :)!
Love how you coloured the letters I'll try that next time cos mine always come out fluffy!
LOL about the purple suits also!