Monday, March 08, 2010

Better Late Then Never

Some weeks ago, the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge was Australia. I made my card, on Australia Day to boot, photographed it but just never got around to uploading it... so here it is! I hadn't seen this movie before, so I was happy to see it come up. I knew it had got a bit of a bagging but that doesn't always match our own personal views does it? I actually found it very funny, though that suddenly stopped about half way though (understandably, but then it would have been nice for it to be revived more at the end), it did seem a bit long but that may just have been because it seemed like the film was wrapping up and then there is another half hour to come! I also had no idea that David Wenham was in it so that was a nice surprise (even if he doesn't play the nicest of characters). Anyway, while I naturally had the temptation to base my card on a costume, the required element was to use the colour "Kraft" which lead me to do a more masculine card. I did sneak some ribbon on, but kept it all pretty simple. I did have a point behind picking that particular quote but it was so long ago I have forgotten it now!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue, Kraft, So Saffron, Whisper White
Stamp sets: Wanted, Best Yet
Inks: Really Rust, VersaMark
Accessories: Old Olive 1/4" grosgrain, Button Latte designer buttons, linen thread, 3/16" corner rounder, 1 1/4 circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch
Show watched while creating: Australia, cricket

No comments: