Thursday, June 17, 2010

Super-sized Elmo

I've recently had to make some birthday cards for my nephews. Wanting to do something a little different for my one-year old nephew I asked my sister what things he liked. She mentioned the Tombliboos from In The Night Garden, Giggle & Hoot (I had to look them up!) and Elmo, basically big happy faces. While my brain did have a few ideas about how to tackle each one, in the end I decided Elmo was going to be the easiest - especially the easiest to make as something BIG!

There has been a punch art Elmo floating around the net for some time, I've made him a few times and he was part of a recent stamp-a-stack class. He's made with the scallop circle punch, which isn't exactly big but I used the same principles and applied it to the Scallop Notes cards. OK, so the Scallop Notes are Ruby Red, not the bright Real Red that I normally use for him, but I think it works!


Word is it was quite a hit!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: none
Stamps: none
Accessories: Scallop Notes II, Circle Scissors Plus, 1 3/4" circle punch (I think... really should have noted that stuff down!), 1/2" circle punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cuteness!

baby cribs said...

He is the cutest character ever in Sesame Street! Elmo is so adorable!

Christine T said...

This is fantastic Carol, love it

Night Owl Designs said...

No wonder it was a hit! I think it's a fantastic card :-)