Saturday, December 27, 2014

Shaker Balloon

The new year is fast approaching, and with it come new Stampin' Up! goodies! The new Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogues launch on the 6th of January. To whet your appetites I have a few things to share during the lead up.

It's been a while since I bought a versatile birthday set, so from the get go I was very keen on Celebrate Today and it's coordinating dies. I had the idea for a shaker card pretty quickly, then I had to waaaaaiiiit for my box of goodies to arrive... and then things were ramping up toward Christmas and I wasn't sure if I would find time to try out my ideas. I always find this so frustrating, ideas come to mind and you struggle to remember them when you sit down to create! Thankfully this idea wasn't one that was forgotten. I wanted to keep the rest of the card pretty simple to keep the focus on the balloon, though the brushed metallic cardstock has a slight texture to it which gives things a subtle interest.

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Crisp Canteloup, Soft Sky, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Window Sheet, brushed gold
Stamp set: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky
Accessories: gold sequin trim, Bermuda Bay sequin trim, Confetti Stars punch, Ticket Duo punch, Balloon Framelit dies, dimensionals, Whisper White Baker's Twine, dauber

No comments: