Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hello Butterflies!

Having a crooked or tilted panel on a card has become quite a thing of late. It's been a while since I've made one, and I was inspired when making some of my other butterfly cards.

The tilted layer is watercolour paper stamped with a Petal Potpourri image. I wet the paper before stamping so the colour would run a little, then filled in background. I found it a little tricky to get teh saturation of the watercolour right so the colour would run a little and not too much or not at all - bit of a Goldilocks moment when I got it just right! If you are trying it yourself and the colour doesn't run as much as you'd like you can use the aquapainter to give it a helping hand after the fact. If it runs too much you can try soaking up some of the moisture and ink with a tissue.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: