Monday, October 19, 2015

Cupcake At The End Of The Rainbow

It's well past time I cracked open my Over The Rainbow set, and once I got this idea I just had to make it...
A cupcake is a far tastier treat to find at the end of a rainbow! Most of this card is pretty straight forward, but I got a little creative to make the rainbow. I inked up the rainbow "stripe" stamp from Over The Rainbow in one colour, then wiped a lot of the colour off with a tissue before sponging on the next colour. When I stamped the subsequent "stripes" I overlapped them. So for the first stripe I inked in Real Red, wiped some off the lower edge and sponged on Pumpkin Pie in it's place. I then cleaned the stamp, inked up in Daffodil Delight and wiped off some ink from the upper edge and sponged on Pumpkin Pie in it's place... and so on to finish the seven colours of the rainbow. For the sun I sponged a little Pumpkin Pie in the center after inkling it up with Daffodil Delight ink.

Todays loooong list of colours:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: