Thursday, November 26, 2015

Glimmering Sleigh Ride

Sometimes I can be a real doufus. For weeks now I have been admiring other peoples cards using the Jingle All The Way stamp set and Sleigh Ride edgelits, and kicking myself for not ordering them. Then the other day I finally noticed the edgelits in amongst all my other framelit dies... I'd completely forgotten they were in a square envelope instead of the more regular rectangular envelope. I was still a doufus though, as I hadn't ordered them as a bundle to get the coordinating stamp set! Annoying as that was, I was determined to come up with a card that rendered this mistake a moot point. Glimmer paper to the rescue!
This style of card is called a bendy card, which I hadn't seen until the Holiday catalogue came out and it seemed everyone was using the Sleigh Ride edgelits for it - they are wonderfully suited to it! The tutorial I looked at was written by Beccy Muir, though I changed it a little so I could use an A4 sheet of cardstock. I'd been wanting to use the black glimmer paper for a night sky ever since I ordered it, and finally I had the perfect project for it. From there I thought it obvious to use the Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper for snow, and then the silver glimmer paper for distant snow... and well, I needed purple on the card too but alas there is no purple glimmer paper. So the Wisteria Wonder layer didn't feel left out I gave it a spritz with the retired Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.

This is what the card looks like laying flat.

And here it is opened. You probably still can't really see the shimmer on the Wisteria layer, but it looks a little speckled. I haven't sorted out a sentiment for the inside yet, I tend to do that to most if not all my Christmas cards in bulk just before I write on them. Once the tabs are placed into the slits the card stands up on it's own.

Both the black glimmer paper and the Sleigh Ride edgelits are on the Holiday catalogue retiring list, so it you are thinking of buying them you'll need to get in quick as they are only available while stocks last!

Today's colours:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: