Tomorrow I am heading off to Melbourne for an OnStage Local event put on by Stampin' Up! At their events Stampin' Up! collect cards for Ronald McDonald House Charities, and this is the card I will be donating:
The Batman symbol was created by first cutting a piece of Daffodil Delight and Basic Black using oval dies. I then used punches - some I traced the shape and some I actually used to punch out some of the black - and a little bit of snipping with scissors to finish it off. But what actually got me started with the idea of making a Batman card was the bat washi tape from the Happy Haunting washi tape pack. Looking at the image in the catalogue I thought it looked like the top edge should be able to line up with the bottom so you could do rows of it and creat a wider strip - or you could do a whole card front if you wanted! If you look really, really closely you can see the edges of the washi tape, but I am very pleased with how my hunch turned out.