Monday, February 15, 2016

Wordy Rose Wonder

Another set I've been hankering to play with is the  Rose Wonder stamp set and dies. Considering what I did with the Delicate Ornaments and Butterfly thinlits, I think it was obvious what I would do with these dies.

Rather than try the rainbow effect with a rose, I cut the rose out in both Watermelon Wonder cardstock and a sheet of Watermelon Wonder patterned paper. Just like the Delicate Ornaments, I mounted the rose frame on a base before putting in the other pieces. The 2" circle punch is a great size for a base for the the small rose die, though you will need to cut a small notch out as a small bit will stick out.

After mounting the rose, leaves and sentiment on a Lots Of Labels die cut, I felt the the leaves didn't stand enough from the Cucumber Crush patterned paper I was planning to use as a background, so I layered a piece of vellum over the top. I attached the vellum to the card behind the label, since adhesives show through the vellum. However, in the humid weather we have been having lately the vellum was curling up a bit at the edges. To minimise this I wanted to  attach it in more places and closer to the edge, so a few rhinestone jewels help to hide the glue.

I did brush the clear Wink Of Stella  over the Watermelon Wonder patterned paper pieces, but I failed to get a good photo of it :/

A very primary colour scheme for me today:


Rose Wonder stamp set & Rose Garden thinlits bundle 140804, Tempting Turquoise A4 cardstock 108598, So Saffron A4 cardstock 108611, Cucumber Crush A4 cardstock 138342, Watermelon Wonder A4 cardstock 138341, thick Whisper White A4 cardstock 140490, 2015-2017 In Color Designer Series Paper stack 138432, So Saffron stamp pad 126957, Tempting Turquoise stamp pad 126952, clear Wink Of Stella glitter brush 141897, Rhinestone basic jewels 119246, Lots Of Labels framelits 138281, Fine Tip Glue pen 138309, Fine-tip glue pen 138309, dimensionals 104430

No comments: