Saturday, March 05, 2016

English Garden Birthday

I've done a string of cards using the small rose die from the Rose Garden thinlits, so I felt it was high time I set the large rose and leaves die to work.

I liked the effect of the inside parts of the rose being card cut from the large flowers of patterned paper that I did on my last card, so thought I would replicate that with this larger rose. It was a little harder to find a flower on the paper large enough when I wasn't working with full sheets, but happy with how this came out. This time I decided to do the same method for the leaves as well, though the patterned paper I used for them was just an all over pattern and not leaves themselves. The rose and leaves are all part of one large die, so I cut it out in Blushing Bride cardstock and trimmed that down to just the flower part and layered that over a full die cut that I did in Lost Lagoon. I created the sentiment piece using the same method as on my last card, layered over a full string of Blushing Bride sequin trim.

You've probably already guessed that I once again went over the rose with the Wink Of Stella glitter brush. Love that shimmer!

I loved the colour combination I used on the Valentine's card that I had to give it another whirl

Lost Lagoon is among the 2014-2016 In Colors that will soon be retiring in lead up to the launch of the new catalogue and a new group of In Colors, and I'm going to be so sad to see it go! If you have some favourite 2014-2016 In Colors and you haven't already thought to stock up on cardstock and get a reinker to extend the life of your stamp pad now is the time to do it and beat the rush. Once those colours are listed as retiring they are then only available while stocks last and tend to get snapped up pretty quick.


Rose Wonder stamp set & Rose Garden thinlits dies bundle 140804, Lost Lagoon A4 cardstock 133686, Soft Sky A4 cardstock 131292, Blushing Bride A4 cardstock 131287, Tip Top Taupe A4 cardstock 138343, Whisper White A4 cardstock 106549, English Garden designer series paper 138440, Lost Lagoon stamp pad 133644, clear Wink Of Stella glitter brush 141897, Blushing Bride sequin trim 138400, Fine-tip glue pen 138309, dimensionals 104430

No comments: