Saturday, June 14, 2008

KW Color Inspiration #11

Yesterday afternoon I saw that Kristina Werner has posted another colour challenge. The colours this time were Rose Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, So Saffron and Going Gray. With the girls' swimming lesson and dinner at the inlaws, I didn't get a chance to work on it till late (well, late for me), but that did give me plenty of time to think about it. I decided to go with the light, airy feel I got from the inspirational photo so I stamped a piece of Whisper White with the ever wonderful (razz to you JanTink for suggesting it will retire!) Paisley background using VersaMark. I love the effect of VersaMark on white, however your stamp has to be *very* clean. Seems I haven't been completely diligent with my Paisley and had to give it a thorough clean and try again. The other piece is still useable, just not what I wanted for this card. I did find it a little tricky working in the grey, but do like my end result. I stamped the square flower image from another old favourite Carte Postal twice, first with Going Grey ink on Whisper White, then the second time I used my Rose Red and Old Olive markers to ink it. I punched the Rose out with the 1 1/4" circle punch, cutting the slightest rim of Old Olive with it, layered this over the Gray square, put a So Saffron Frames with a Flourish frame over top, attached a clear rhinestone brad (Pretties Kit) in the center and mounted it to the card front using dimensionals. The sentiment, from Occasional Greetings, is stamped in Going Gray. Unfortunately it's a grey ol' day here, so the photo isn't great! Anyway, I'm off to have a nice cuppa to warm up and get cracking on Beate's latest sketch biggrin

10 comments:

Alana Galagher said...

Love this Carol - it's gorgeous :-)

Jayne Mercer said...

Love it Carol.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Carol! I don't think I've ever tried VersaMark on white paper. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

wow, gorgeous card! I love the less is more look! I'll have to try the versa on white technique, thanks for the tip! *smiles*

Traveling Mama said...

This is such a lovely card! Love the simplicity and how you incorporated in the grey!

Anonymous said...

This is so elegant, Carol! A beautiful card, Rachel

Deanna said...

Great card, love all the white!

LeAnne said...

This is beautiful, great job with the challenge!
LeAnne

Brooke S said...

cool your card got picked!! Another great card.

JenMarie said...

Love this, beautiful!!