Friday, February 16, 2007

Bloom in Orchid Rose

I've been enjoying red and purple combinations for a while, not just in stamping (there were some recent Christmas decorations that I particuarly enjoyed) , so when looking to break in my "In Full Bloom" set, I was inspired by this card by Trudee Sauer.

I used Handsome Hunter for the base card, but I am not sure it was a good move. I think Trudee's use of black made the card very striking. Anyway, I stamped the "French Script" background on the Handsome Hunter cardstock with VersaMark and pierced the bottom corners using the template and tool from the Stampin' Up! Crafters Tool kit. I stamped the flower, stem and leaf using Basic Black (I think, oops. Card is no longer in my possession, and it seems I can't remember more than a week ago!) on Very Vanilla cardstock. These were coloured using the SU! watercolour crayons and a blender pen, including the yellow around them. I then sponged on Barely Banana ink to cover the rest fo the cardstock. The image was trimmed and layered on Rose Red and Orchid Opulence. I stamped a strip of Rose Red with one of the backgrounds from "Itty Bitty Backgrounds" using VersaMark, layered on Orchid Opulence, tied some black hemp twine around them then mounted onto the base card. The main image was mounted over the top using Dimensionals.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Just stunning Lavs - and the colouring is superb (and it looks lovely on my buffet in the lounge room!)

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful!! I'm just so happy to know I inspired you!! Thanks for sharing it!! :D