Sunday, March 18, 2007

Bright Art of Life

I've managed to play a bit over the last few day, using some more of my Cuttlebug embossed pieces and going back to some non-SU! things.
For this card I started with little in mind of where I wanted it to end up, and I'm pretty pleased with the result. I inked the flower from the retiring Art of Life hostess set using my Gable Green and Lovely Lilac markers and stamped on a scrap of white cardstock that was the perfect size. I decided for this card I wanted the embossed background to seem to cover the whole cardfront, so I slashed it about two thirds of the way down and decided I would cover the 'gap' with some ribbon. This green with purple spots ribbon (which I think was from Scrapapple) was a good match, but not quite wide enough, so I layered it over some yellow cardstock. The background is also layered on a layer of the same yellow. I stamped the sentiment (by Stamp-It) using VersaFine on more scrap white and punched it out with a 1 1/4" square punch, then layered both white layers on the same green as the base card. I didn't have any yellow brads that were a perfect match, but their location is far enough away from the yellow cardstock that these Bazzill brads look pretty close. The flower was mounted onto the cardfront using some double-sided foam tape (which is actually industrial strength stuff Glenn brought home from work), and the sentiment was mounted using Magic Mount, which was slightly thicker than the foam tape to stager the layers nicely.

No comments: