Monday, October 22, 2007

Pretty Rose(la)

It was Shaelea's birthday last week, and given that she was getting the new Barbie movie "Island Princess" as part of her present I thought it only fitting that I should use that as the inspiration for her card. It's only been as I prepared the image to use here that I realised "Hmm, Barbie's character is Rosela, and I used Rose cardstock"... Anyway... The Pretty Princess has been stamped on watercolour paper using StazOn Jet Black and coloured using an aquapainter and ink taken from the lids of inkpads, then she was layered on some Orchid Opulence. The Regal Rose cardbase was stamped with the flower from the same set using VersaMark ink. The sentiment on the So Saffron birthday banner was stamped with StazOn, a little colour added to the flower, then trimmed, folded and edges decorated with Crystal Ice IceStickles. I also added some Stickles to the princesses' dress and star. Despite all that effort... the card was completely forgotten within 2 seconds of opening. Later on Tiarna and I were talking about the colours of the dress and Shaelea then said it was a lovely card... had absolutely no memory of opening it, but late appreciation is better than nothing!

No comments: