Thursday, June 12, 2008

Leaves For You

This is a card I made a little while ago. I'm sharing it with you now as the photo is already taken and edited and I really need to try and get to bed earlier (this cool night air seems to have my cold lingering). I pulled the colours from an In Color colour chart provided by Stampin' Up! as I wanted to play with more Pomegranate leaves. The focal image is a stamp from All Through the Year, inked with More Mustard and Purely Pomegranate then stamped on Confetti White cardstock, punched with the 1 1/4" square and layered on 1 3/8" square of Always Artichoke. The layer underneath is River Rock that has been randomly stamped with second, third and fourth generation impressions of the leaves (that is the stamp has been inked, stamped once on scrap paper then stamped several times on the card before being inked up again), some inked with the same colours as the main image, some with Mustard and Artichoke. The little sentiment is from Occasional Greetings, stamped in Always Artichoke on More Mustard. The Mustard layer has had the bottom edge scalloped with the corner rounder and then I tried distressing all the edges with the tool from the Cutter Kit but this was a bit tricky to get into the crevices of the scallops. I've also used some Purely Pomegranate double-stitched ribbon and Always Artichoke ribbon from the Theater Ribbon Originals pack.

Even though it is winter here a lot of trees around the place are still in the process of changing colours and loosing their leaves, which I was reveling in again this afternoon on my walk for school pick up, so this card is quite appropriate.

4 comments:

Claire said...

GORGEOUS Carol :) It does really remind me of the seasons. Love the rose red love notes below too (actually love all of them :) ).

Sharon said...

Beautiful Carol. The colours blend so nicely.

Anonymous said...

Love these leaves Carol! Beautiful colours, K :)

Dani Fender said...

Stunning colour combo. Love this card!!