Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Happy Birthday SU!

October marks the 20th birthday for Stampin' Up!, and in true hobbit style they're giving you the presents! lol (like I was going to miss an opportunity to make a hobbit comment... be warned it isn't the last LOTR reference in this post either)

For the month of October Stampin' Up! are offering 20% off sellected stamp sets when you spend over $20. To see the full range of discounted sets available see the Stampin' Up! website, but to kick things off I thought I'd share a card with you featuring one of the special sets, Pretty Princess. I really got into stamping when I had my first daughter Tiarna, as I wanted to give her handmade birthday cards for something that little bit more special than a store-bought card. Since she gave my stamping that initial kick-start, I have used Tiarna's favourite colours for the cake image from the set (the Pretty Princess isn't like her at all... if she was to be a princess she'd be like Eowyn) for this card.
Yes, Tiarna's favourite colours are purple and aqua (though I have gone to the "minty" end of the aqua spectrum)... she certainly takes after her mum!

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Confetti White, Almost Amethyst, Lavender Lace
Stamp Set: Pretty Princess
Inks: StazOn Jet Black, Almost Amethyst; Sage Shadow, Soft Sky and Lavender Lace inks also used for water colouring
Accessories: aquapainter, 3/16" corner rounder, 1 3/8" circle punch, White Aluminium Circle Tags, scallop circle punch, Soft Sky double-stitched ribbon, dimensionals, Crystal Effects
Show watched while creating: Bones

3 comments:

Dani Fender said...

Very Pretty AND Purple! I love the combo!

Back to New Blinds said...

Hey Carol,

Love coming for a peek see at your blog.

Regards Pam

Melissa Garland said...

Great colour combo Carol