Thursday, April 16, 2009

Catty CASE Cyberstamp Challenge

As I mentioned before, we recently had the Inklings April cyberstamp. This was my card for challenge 2, which was to pick two numbers, put them together to make a 2-3 digit number, turn to that page of the catalogue and base a card or scrap page on a sample from that page. My numbers were 10 and 7 (my daughters ages after their birthdays this year), so my page number was 107. I had three cards to choose from, but I chose to be inspired by the first one as it seemed the most different to what I normally do (except it is landscape orientation and I seem to do a lot of those...). For those of you who don't know to CASE means to Copy And Steal Everything, though it tends to get used for any instance where you have deliberately copied a significant portion of a card and not necessarily everything (design, colours and products). I do have the Wanted set that was used in the sample but I was itching to use one of my new sets and settled on Bella's Bloom. My colours came from Dawn McVey's first colour challenge, which I thought were quite unexpected for this style of image but I think it works quite well. Earlier in the day I had also seen Dawn Easton's tutorial for creating a Curly Lable edge and was itching to try it out... so I went a little crazy with the Curly Lable punch! I love it when you find more uses for your punches (well, any product really, but I already love my punches so much!), not only does it open some creative doors but it makes the product even better value for money.

All Supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: So Saffron, textured Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie
Stamp Set: Bella's Bloom, No One Like You Simply Sent, Cute & Curly
Inks: VersaMark, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Curly Label punch, Fire Circle Rhinestone Brads, 1 3/8" sqwuare punch, 1 1/4" square punch, Dress Up Ribbon Originals
Show watched while creating: SAf v Aus ODI cricket

No comments: