Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Convention Swaps Part I

Caroline was correct, the inspiration for this piece was Twilight. I actually got the idea for the flower while working on a sketch challenge last week and loved how it turned out so much I decided to make it for a swap. The flower was stamped in StazOn on Whisper White cardstock then watercoloured with the aquapainter picking up ink from the lids of the inkpads, and then the flower was cut out. The apple was clear embossed on Riding Hood Red cardstock, punched out, and then I went around the outside twice with a Basic Black marker. You need to go over the black a second time to get it really black. I loved how these turned out, they came up better than I had imagined... but I am sure the non-Twilighters that swapped with me were thinking "what's an apple got to do with the flower???"

All supplies by Stampin' Up!
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamp Sets: Bloomin’ With Beauty, Tart & Tangy
Inks: StazOn Jet Black, VersaMark; Riding Hood Red, Garden Green for watercolouring
Accessories: Aquapainter, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8” circle punch, 1 ¼” circle punch, clear embossing powder, Basic Black marker
Show watched while creating: Twilight

5 comments:

Kylie S said...

I love my bookmark! Thanks Carol.
K-xxx

Night Owl Designs said...

I love your bookmark Carol, the black and red is so striking!

Anonymous said...

great swap Carol, as the days roll closer to convention I am wanting to go...but maybe next year! TFS ~Donna

Sankari W. said...

OH MY WORD!!! Carol these are da BOMB!!! Beautiful!!!! LOVE them all!!!

YOU SOOOO ROCK!!w

Anonymous said...

Stunning bookmark. I have this set and love it but have never thought of putting it onto black.

TFS