Saturday, June 06, 2015

Fluttering Wings

Lucky me received my order from the new Stampin' Up! catalogue on Thursday afternoon, and I hopped straight in to playing. Watercolor Wings and the coordinating Bold Butterfly framelits (which are available in a bundle) were one thing I was especially excited about... and then there was the Fluttering embossing folder, a full 6"x6" embossing folder - how awesome is that! When the designs have a definite direction to them it's handy to have them in a large square size so you can use it on a card which ever way you want! One other new product on this card is the white cardstock used for the sentiment. It might not look any different to regular Whisper White, but it's Stampin' Up!'s new thick Whisper White cardstock. This will be fabulous to use for cardbases, but I am also loving it for raised layers. In the past if I was wanting to raise Whisper White up on dimensionals I would put another layer underneath it to give it that little bit extra support, but I won't have to with the new thick stuff. Woohoo!

I wanted to keep this card pretty simple to show off the embossed background, so just did one butterfly and the sentiment. One tip with these butterflies, it might be better to stamp the body after you have die-cut the wings. I tested stamping these images a few times on paper before I commited to cardstock.
When I laid the die over these images I found I had stamped the body a little too low. So when I was stamping my proper ones, I stamped the body a little higher...
which resulted in decapitated butterflies! So I stamped some bodies by themselves and cut them out to preform a little paper surgery...
There, you can (hardly) tell the difference! Just call me Stamper Frankenstein ;)

As well as the square card I decided to make a more postage-friendly standard size version:

Here are the colours I used -

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: