Saturday, August 29, 2015

Sponged Scallops

I have't quite finished playing with the Striped Scallop die, and have used it in a more expected way for this card (another Father's Day card, but works just as well for a birthday card if you wanted).
Well... a little more expected than using it to embossing the design into cardstock. I did use it to diecut this time, but have used the little cut out pieces to create my background this time. I cut the die out three times from Shimmery White cardstock to give myself plenty of scallops to play with. I then applied some temporary adhesive to my grid paper, laid down the scallop "frame" and placed the scallops back into it and getting them to stick. I then lifted the "frame" up and sponged the scallops. I thought I had taken a photo of the grid paper once I was finished as the effect was equally cool, but alas there was no such photo when I connected my camera to my computer :( After my scallops were all sponged I laid the "frame" onto the cardstock and stuck all the little scallops down before removing the frame and leaving the scallops all perfectly spaced. I was so happy with how this came out! Here's a close up of the scallops so you can see the shimmer better.
And here are the colours I used:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Rachel Palmieri said...

Those shades of blue are gorgeous Carol, and I've enjoyed reading about all the effort you went to in making the card. Stunning effect!