Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Lovely As A Wonderland

Back today with another Wonderland card for you. It really is going to be sad to see this one go, it pairs so nicely with Lovely As A Tree.


For this card I started off with a piece of Soft Sky cardstock and using Island Indigo ink stamped the Wonderland trees on it a few times side by side, then I stamped them inbetween after first stamping off on scrap paper to make the colour less intense. I then stamped the Lovely As A Tree image on a piece of vellum cardstock with the Island Indigo ink. Dye based inks are quick drying, except when you stamp them on something like vellum that won't absorb the ink straight away. While I was waiting for that to dry I stamped the sentiment on a strip of Whisper White cardstock and marked in some slightly slanted score lines so that when the banner was folded you would see a little underneath and the ends wouldn't be in-line with the main part. Once I had those score lines in place I could work out where I wanted the banner ends to go. The Triple Banner punch is made with guides for cardstock that is 1" (approx. 2.5cm), 1 1/5" (approx 3.8cm) and 2" (approx 5cm) wide. The strip I  was using was 2cm wide, but by holding it steady in the Triple Banner punch I was able to get a nice even banner finish to my cardstock. By now the ink on the vellum was dry so I was able to run it through the Softly Falling embossing folder in the Big Shot. It came out exactly how I hoped it would, the embossed dots turning the vellum white and looking a lot like snow. I put a bit of Fast Fuse behind the banner to attch the vellum at the top, then also placed a glue dot behind the tree, with a couple of little bits of glue dot snipped off and positioned behind and embossed dot to help hold the corners down. Once the card was all stuck together, I looked at it and thought "it's nice... but it needs a snowy sparkle" so I added just a touch of Dazzling Details glitter glue to the embossed dots - which of course doesn't show up int he photo but trust me it's there!

The colours for this card were inspired by Catelyn Stark from Game Of Thrones (Winter Wonderland is coming? hehehehe):

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: