Monday, November 23, 2015

Pastel Delicate Ornaments

Today I have another Delicate Ornaments card for you, another made by inlaying the little bits from one or more colours into the frame of another.


For this card I kept the overall design simple, and even just the two colours for the ornament itself. By now I was learning...
..take the bits from one and put them straight into another! You might already sense what is coming, but that will be a post for another day. Instead of punching a circle to back these ornaments, I used the matching bold ornament framelit die. It is ever so slightly larger, but this isn't a major issue - especially if you cut it in the same colour as the frame you used. Other than that, the rest of the construction was the same as the Stained Glass-esque Ornaments. As you can probably already tell, I cut some ornaments in white and some in a variety of colours. You might be wondering why I would bother doing this technique if I was just using one colour of the little bits. Basically, I hate to waste anything, but also it does give a different look to just backing the ornament frame with another colour. Here is a shot of this group of cards all finished:
While I wanted these cards over all plain I did want a little interest on my background, but didn't feel any of the current embossing folders had the look I wanted so for that I turned to the retired Beautifully Baroque folder.

Colours used on these cards:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments: